Whether your home is for sale in Nevada City at a higher elevation, or your home is for sale in Grass Valley tucked away on the golf course of Alta Sierra, maybe your home is for sale in Penn Valley? Regardless here are a few tips that will help set the stage for a winter sale.
Here are some benefits of selling your home in the winter: Less Competition, Buyer’s are more motivated, the Cozy ambiance that defines winter can also assist potential buyers to imagine themselves in the home. Your lender will be less busy this time of year, you can also take advantage of good deals with the post holiday sales for appliances and home decorative items. Check out my tips below!
- Do your best to maintain your walkway’s, get out the “loppers” and trim the shrubbery back from walkways, sand and or salt icy pathways to prevent slipping.
- Move your boots, shoes, and coats and any other unnecessary items from your entryway and place them in a closet. You can purchase paper booties for guest to slip over their shoes to keep your floors nice and clean.
- Make it cozy! Take advantage of evergreen wreaths even after the holidays, and don’t forget to accent with a thick throw and colorful pillows on the couch or armchair.
- If you have a fireplace turn the focus in that direction. You don’t need to keep it burning, simply arrange logs so it appears to be ready to light.
- Turn on the lights – this is not the time to be concerned about your utility bill, it’s very important to make sure dark areas of the home are well lit, and be sure that your blinds and drapes are clean and open.
- When it’s cold outside adjust the thermostat to a warmer temperature keeping in mind that most guests will leave their coats on.
Regardless of the time of year, there are always buyers on the hunt for a home to call their own! Take advantage of the drop in temperature to improve your home’s marketability by enhancing it’s warm and cozy ambiance.
I’m happy to answer any questions that you may have! Stay warm, cozy and dry.